Revenue up nearly 25% compared to same quarter last year.
TUESDAY, 25 NOVEMBER 2014 DOMAIN NAME WIRE
Here are some financial highlights:
- Q3 2014 revenue was $356.9 million, up 5.4% from Q2 and 24.7% from Q3 2013.
- Domain revenue kept growing, but its percentage of GoDaddy’s overall business continues to shrink. In Q3 2012, the domain business accounted for 65.7% of GoDaddy’s business. This past quarter it was down to 54.5%. Hosting and Business Applications are becoming a bigger part of the equation.
- Both operating and net losses shrunk considerably. Q3 operating loss was $6.8 million, compared to $18.4 million in Q2 and $31.1 million in Q3 of 2014. Net loss was $27.6 million, compared to $37.5 million in Q2 and $47.3 million in Q3 2013. GoDaddy’s adjusted EBITDA bounced back nicely after slipping in Q2, hitting $71.6 million for the quarter.
- At the end of Q3, GoDaddy had 12.5 million customers with an average revenue per user (trailing 12 months) of $112.
In addition to these numbers, I ran the amended s-1 through the Intelligize SEC filing comparison tool. Here are some of the changes I discovered:
- Most of the changes were to reflect updated numbers including customers, patents and international presence. The percentage of GoDaddy’s customers in international markets ticked up 1% in the quarter.
- GoDaddy registered 166,000 domain names under new TLDs last quarter, bringing its total as of September 30 to 530,000 domain names.
- Added plans for GD Subsidiary to its corporate structure.